In previous posts, I’ve discussed some online Street Team marketing basics. In this post, I’ll throw out some more ideas on how it can be used as both a branding tool and a sales driver. Some of the suggestions below will not apply to all business types, and some of them may be too complex on the technical/programming side. However, I have successfully used all of these before with clients, so rest assured they do work.
- Customer affiliate program - give your customers a % of sales when they refer friends and family.
- Promo packs – Send out your dedicated street team members packs of stickers, flyers, coupons, etc.
- Free PC Wallpapers – Great branding tool for the home or office
- Screensavers – Great branding tool for the home or office
- Printable flyers – Great for getting the word out in the community
- Avatars – Used extensively with IM applciations such as MSN and Yahoo
- AOL Buddy icons – Smaller than an Avatar, these are very popular with younger crowds
- Myspace backgrounds – What can be better than your brand plastered on hundreds of myspace profiles?
- Mysapce layouts – Even better than just a background, this will change the appearance of their whole color and layout scheme
- Copy and paste HTML banners – Perfect for people to use on the myspace profiles, blogs, facebook profiles, etc.