Well, it finally happened. The long awaited Google PageRank updated has sent shockwaves through the SEO community. Despite some of my client’s sites loosing a notch on the over-rated PR scale, I can careless. The results of the SEO campaigns I currently manage have never been better.
In this quick post, I’ll share what SEO tactics have been working for me in the last few months.
- Focusing on niche keywords first, High volume keywords later
- Creating multiple landing pages, each focusing on 3-4 keywords
- I’ve nearly stopped SEO-ing home pages and focused on niche landing pages instead
- Greatly diversify link anchor text
- Focusing on Site-wide SEO including url and linking structure
- Stopped wasting my time with Web directories (I still use blog directories, however)
- Dropped all Reciprocal Links Pages. (according to Matt Cutts, linking to certain sites can actually decrease PageRank)
I suppose this post didn’t have much to do with the PageRank update. But I think that supports my point that PageRank is a poor SEO metric.